The first production version of OpenCL Studio has been released. The editor and runtime environment are now stable and have been tested in the course of several industrial application development projects. OpenCL Studio is now ready to be put in the hands of third party application developers who will sure benefit from its rapid prototyping and visualization capabilities. There is a free download available at http://www.opencldev.com/. In a nutshell the features of OpenCL Studio include
- source code editors and integrated compiler output for OpenCL and GLSL
- event driven Lua scripting interface
- predefined 3D visualization constructs and 2D interface widgets
- library of common parallel algorithms
- extensible plug-in architecture
- cross-platform runtime environment
The development effort will not stop here. From now on there will be regular releases including new features and bug fixes. This blog will provide ongoing updates about the state of OpenCL Studio and showcase new applications as they are being developed. Please let us know about any features you would like to see included in future releases.